[Duf-info] Newsletter No. 004, 2001.11

Frank Nestel info@doris-frank.de
Thu Nov 8 22:17:00 2001

============  Doris & Frank Info Newsletter No. 004, 2001.11
================
http://doris-frank.de

Caution: The following warning about English is in German.
Warnung: Dieses Newsletter wird aus Gruenden der Zeitersparnis wohl nur
         auf Englisch erscheinen.

Hi,

you have been subscribed to the Doris & Frank Info Newsletter (or maybe
you even subscribed yourself, fine). This newsletter is a very low
traffic
mailing list, but if you don't like it, please unsubscribe. If you have
any wishes or suggestions or know people who might also be interested in
this list please send it to

    info@doris-frank.de

Thank you,
Frank

Content

 News:
 - Back from Essen and Urland
 - Urland in Wiener Spielemischung (Vienna Games Mix)

 Update:
 - Urland Gene Contest

 Reminders:
 - Tournament Announcements
 - Mailinglist at spieleck.de
 - Old links

 - Automated mailinglist technique footer

News: Back from Essen and Urland

Here, we are, we had a great week in Essen. First good news
were Tuesday when we started building our booth and then
our order of Urland arrived. Next incredible good day was
Thursday, wenn we realized after a few hours that we didn't
have enough games. Even though another order of games arrived
on Saturday, we ran out of games Saturday 2 pm. Overall we
were very pleased. Monday after the fair we relaxed and had
a nice break at our friends house with more Friends joining,
e.g. Alan Ernstein and his wife.

Some pictures, impressions and links can be found on

    http://doris-frank.de/Essen01a.html

Some discussions about Urland, the role of the Dummy (Kiebitz)
the strength of certain genes and the overall balance of the
game seem to start here and there on the net. Some links
can be found under

    http://doris-frank.de/GamesUrland.html#REVIEWS
or

http://www.spielbox-online.de/phorum4/search.php4?f=1&search=urland&match=1&fldsubject=1&fldbody=1

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=urland&hl=de&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=group%3Drec.games.board.*

Currently we are still busy shipping all the orders.

News: Urland in Wiener Spielemischung (Vienna Games Mix)

Urland was included in the top 99 recommended games of the
last two years by the Jury of the Wiener Spielemischung.

Update: Urland Gene Contest

the first Genes have allready been contributed.
Some of them are really looking interesting.
We are waiting for more!

    http://doris-frank.de/Urland.html#CONTEST

Reminder: Tournament Announcements

Two game tournaments of ous will take place in January 2002 as part
of the "Erlanger Spielertage" (Erlangen Gaming Days). Be sure to mark
the dates on you calendar

    6. Erlanger Muesterschaft (6th Erlangen Mu-Tournament)

        26th January 2002

    2. Erlanger Zoff im Zoo Turnier (2nd Erlangen Zoff im Zoo
Tournament)

        27th January 2002

For updates and results of the previous tournaments look at the pages

    http://doris-frank.de/zofftour.html
    http://doris-frank.de/muepage.html

Feel free to ask any questions.

(actually you are on one of those)

They are really (nearly) zero traffic.

Please feel free to register at

this is a free list for anyone to post and answer.

Reminder: Old links

Hi, it is now over a year that we moved from my former university
accounts to the doris-frank.de domain with a real provider. According
to Altavista and Google link searches there are still plenty of links
to my old (now defunc) pages. We generally appreciate being linked,
but links are more helpful if they work. So if you maintain a site or
know someone who maintains a site or you know someone who ... please
would you help us getting that link updated?

Thank you!

You should also note that our old e-mail dorisnfrank@bigfoot.com is
now considered deprecated, it should be still working but

    info@doris-frank.de

is the better choice to contact us!